Easy Crockpot Reindeer Sausage Jambalaya


Well like everything I make, I adapt, and do not measure so well ;) but here's my version of Jambalaya with Reindeer Sausage made in a smart crockpot.

Ingredients:

Celery
Onions
Cilantro
Garlic (minced - organic)
Organic diced tomatoes, no sodium - 2 cans
Organic low-sodium chicken broth (3/4 of a box to a box, depending on how much ingredients you want to use)

Reindeer Sausage
Leftover chicken

Shrimp
Rice

Add all ingredients except the shrimp and rice. You will add the cooked rice (I'll be using brown) and shrimp one hour before the soup is done. I'll post a picture of the finished soup later.

I always use no sodium or low sodium when I'm cooking in a crockpot:


Why? Because sodium has a tendency to dry out your meats when cooking in a crockpot - I know weird eh? But it does.

I have my crockpot set for 6 hours today. I'll go run my errands, be back in time to add the rice and shrimp and will still be eating hot soup for dinner, and lunch, and dinner ;) Leftovers rule!

Here's the type of crockpot I use, and it's kinda inexpensive to get (no I'm not affiliated or getting paid to say this - just sharing what I use).



It has 4, 6, (high) and 8, 10 (low) hours settings, which works for me!

Update

I decided not to add rice to it, I liked the broth so much I didn't want rice in it. Next time, I will also put less chicken, I put too much leftover chicken in it. The reindeer sausage was DIVINE! Since reindeer sausage from the Alaska Sausage Co. is spicy, it added just enough mellow heat to this soup 💗



No comments:

Post a Comment