Another Crockpot Roast

There are so many wonderful ways to make roast! This one is made with a large round roast and is cooked for 6 hours (high) in the crockpot. If I had the time, I'd cook it for 8 hours on low for the tenderest pot roast!

As with any roast - remember to trim the fat (that's why I used a round roast this time, it was already trimmed of extra fat) and use no SALT in your ingredients.  Salt and fat will dry out your meat - don't know why, it just does :P

Ingredients:

3-4# round roast
Fresh garlic - sliced (I bought a bag of presliced garlic)
Sweet yellow onion - 1 large
Fresh mushrooms
Yellow potatoes - 4 to 6
Fresh carrots - 2 to 5
Low to no sodium beef broth (only need about 1/4 cup max)
Organic cream of mushroom (1 small box)
Seasonings: Prime Rib/Steak seasoning & Mrs. Braggs organic seasoning

Prepare:

Slice the carrots, onions and put in the crock pot, and add the mushrooms and garlic.



Add your cream of mushroom soup, and beef broth and mix. You do not need much beef broth, only enough to cover the bottom and to help mix the cream of mushroom.  Crockpots are high moisture to begin with, so it does not take much liquid.

Add your roast and meat seasoning. Add more mushrooms, carrots and onion.

Now slice your potato into quarters and add. I like my potatoes on top and not at the bottom of the crockpot. Some recipes say to put on the bottom as root vegetables cook slow in crock pots, but I don't like the way the potatoes taste when cooked this way so I put it around the top of the meat and the potatoes come out soft and creamy like.


I used about 5 potatoes quartered and I added Mrs. Braggs seasoning to the potatoes.


Cook on high for 6 hours (I have a rival Smart Pot - which has the temp and hours listed together). If I had the time, I would have cooked on low for 8 hours but I'm kinda in a hurry today for this GREAT FAMILY MEAL on a rainy day :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment