Crock Pot Roast




I love crock pot roast!  I have a 6 quart Smart Pot by Crock Pot that you can set to 4, 6 hours (high) and 8, 10 hours (low).  With roast, I find it always better to cook on low for 8 hours.  Also when cooking in a crock pot, it is best to try to use little to no salt in any of your ingredients or as one of your added spices.  Using salt will dry out your meat :p plus your heart will thank you :D)

Ingredients - in the order that you layer in crockpot:

Olive oil Pam Spray your crock pot (so ingredients won't stick to your crock pot)

Organic low or no sodium mushroom soup
Shallots or yellow onions (your preference really)
1-2 tbsp of minced garlic
Fresh Mushrooms
Worcheshire Sauce

Pepper
  • Stir the above ingredients
Beef non-hormone/antibiotic-free beef roast (lay in the center)

1 bag of Organic no sodium frozen mixed veggies (sprinkle around the meat)
  • In place of frozen veggies, I have chopped carrots, one or two celery stalks, and I still add frozen peas and corn because I like them; but more often then not, I use the frozen organic mixed veggies as I like easy cooking ;)
Organic yellow potatoes - quartered
  • Note about the potatoes:  Some recipes say put your potatoes down first and rest your roast on top of it, I don't care for my potatoes all soggy so I prefer to place them around the meat and on top of everything else so then my potatoes turn-out creamy instead of soggy - it's your preference.
Herbs: usually more garlic, onion, pepper - I usually use like Chef's Seasoning (no sodium, no msg) or any other kind of garlic-based seasoning for beef that is sodium-free.

It takes me about 20 minutes to throw this all together and then I cook on low for 8 hours - fantastic 1-pot winter meal.

Enjoy!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment