My Favorite Soup - Cioppino

Step 1 - chop up celery, onions, chopped garlic (I use the minced garlic in the jar about 3 tsps. - depends on your taste) and warm in about 1-2 tsps. of olive oil; add Italian seasoning and Zatarains Creole seasoning.  Warm for a few minutes.


Step 2 - add two cans of diced petite tomatoes, more Italian and Creole seasoning.  I also add at this point some Miso; if you can't find Miso cubes, I've used .5 to 1 envelope of Miso-Cup (instant vegan and gluten-free soup from New Sagayas) and 2-3 cups of water (can add up to 4 depending on your preference).


Let this simmer about 30 minutes.  Then rinse off your frozen seafood mix (for this recipe I used the one from Costco).  I have also used other frozen seafood mixes and added my own scallops and cod that was chopped into cubes (yum!).  Bring back to a simmer.


Let it simmer 15 minutes and waa-la!  Cioppino in under an hour!  Yummers!!


I have made this in a crock pot before too.  You put all base ingredients, except no water, instead add a can of tomato sauce into a crock pot on low for 4-5 hours; then add the seafood mix, and cook on high for an hour.  Both ways are good - I'll do the crock pot recipe on a Saturday, I'll start it before I go running around and when I come home, plop in the seafood mix and get ready to enjoy!

Wishing you the best,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment